The world we live in today is hectic. We’re trying to shape a career, maintain relationships, stay fit and healthy, be good people, avoid gaol time blah blah blah. It all gets a bit mind blowing sometimes.
Sadly in this fast paced modern world we can sometimes forget about how important it is (or just simply run out of time) to maintain our health and well-being.
Luckily, help is at hand. Below is a list of super easy and totally effective tricks and tips to maximise your health.
- Get more sleep- You need AT LEAST 7 hours a night. This is not negotiable. Coffee and energy drinks are not a substitute. Sleep deprivation is a leading cause in stress, illness and weight gain. So skip Gossip Girl reruns at 11pm in favour of some shut eye and reap the benefits.
- Drink more water- when you first wake up in the morning, before every meal, and just before bed, have a glass of water. This helps your body metabolism food, disperse nutrients and maintain hydration (obviously). As soon as you become dehydrated, your body has to work harder, making you more susceptible to disease.
- Clean your teeth- The human mouth has more germs than a dog’s. Except for maybe my dog. I’ve seen her do some horrible, horrible things. Replace your toothbrush regularly, floss, and make sure you gargle. Listerine Mouth Wash is the best product on the market. It’s like putting your teeth through a car wash twice a day; it kills bad smelling bacteria in your mouth and helps to whiten teeth. Bingo.
- Find the Good- Think bad things always happen to you? Then bad things always will. Your mindset has a profound affect on your environment. So slap a smile on your dial and think positive, you’ll be surprised at just how much this little adjustment can improve your life.
- Take a Good Daily Multivitamin- Sometimes, despite knowing how good for me vegetables are, I’ll have ice cream for dinner (YOLO). Make up your vitamin and mineral deficit by taking a good multivitamin. I love, love, love Nature’s Way Women’s Energy Multivitamin. It’s packed full of minerals and antioxidants, designed to help you squeeze the life out of your day.
The bottom line is, love your body and she’ll love you back. It doesn’t take too much effort to improve our own health and well-being, and prevention is definitely better than cure.